Andrea's POV
The next morning I got up and headed into the kitchen to make coffee. I saw Tristyn sitting on the couch. She scared me when she jumped up.
"Hey Andy, get ready we have to leave." She said as she grabbed the coffee filter from my hand.
"Ok can it wait until after I have my coffee and where are we going?" I said as I gave her a confused look
"Nope no time. We'll get coffee on the way to the arena. Drew called and he wants us to come to practice and then we're going to lunch."
After I heard we were going to see Drew I went to my room and started getting ready. I liked any reason to go see him. We got to the arena a few minutes after everyone had taken the ice. Drew wasn't hard to find out there because he was busy terrorizing all of his teammates. Me and Tristyn sat down in the front row. Drew realized we were there so he shot a puck at the glass in front of us. When we looked at him he just laughed and skated away.
"He can be such an asshole sometimes. He's going to give me a heartattack one of these days." Tristyn said as she glared at Drew
"I don't think he's trying to give you a heartattack. He's your big brother, it's his job to annoy you." I responded while me and Drew made eye contact
"Why are you defending him, you're supposed to be on my side. You like him don't you." She said to me with a huge smile. "Don't lie I can tell you like him."
"I'm not agreeing nor denying that I like him. He's fun to be around."
"Yup you've definitely falling for my brother. He's single you know. I'm pretty sure he likes you too." Tristyn said to me as she nudged me on the shoulder, trying to keep me from staring.
After practice was over Drew met us behind the arena. The three of us headed to lunch. At the resturant we sat there talking about anything and everything. I tried to avoid eye contact with him but it was hard when he kept throwing straw wrappers and pieces of napkins at me. He really was like a big kid but I loved that about him. If he didn't realize I liked him Tristyn sure did.
"Ok enough beating around the bush here you two. Drew, Andy likes you, and no denying it Andy" Tristyn said as she looked at both of us waiting for a response
Knowing I couldn't disagree I just looked at Drew and saw him crack a smile. I was waiting for a response or a wise ass remark from him. I didn't have to wait very long.
"Yeah I know I'm studly." He said jokingly."But seriously I like you too, I just didn't want to say anything, because your my little sister's best friend and I didn't want her to kick my ass. I was going to tell you after the game hoping we could talk and get to know each other some more, but obviously Tristyn had other plans." He said sticking his tongue out at her.
Tristyn didn't seem to be bothered by the fact I liked her brother. That made me feel better about the situation. At this point we had to get Drew back to his hotel so he could take his pregame nap. We dropped him off then headed home. The excitement of going to the game was getting to us. It seemed like 7:00pm was taking it's sweet time getting here. To try and pass the time me and Tristyn decided we would take naps too.
~Later That Day~
We both got up from our naps and got ready for the game. Game day traffic was always killer so we decided to leave a little early.
The game started and me and Tristyn were having a great time. Drew scored the first goal of the game. When he scored we jumped up and started screaming. The Wild fans around us just looked at us. Then in the second period the Wild took the lead with goals from Pouliot and Veilleux. The 3rd period started and we were hoping the Sabres would come back. Burns made it 3-1 Wild 29 seconds into the 3rd. All the Wild fans thought they had us beat, but then the Sabres started their comeback Mair and Vanek tied the game. Later Roy would win it in OT for the Sabres. You could hear the excitement coming from the Sabres locker room. When Drew walked out I knew what was coming.
"So how about them Sabres?" Drew said feeling confident he was succeeding
"What about them? I'm not fully convinced I should be a Sabres fan over a Stars fan." I gave him an evil smile.
"Fine it may take a few games but i'm sure you'll give in. Just watch. You two have to come to Buffalo for a few games. Let me know when you guys are free and I'll fly you to Buffalo for a few days. Ok?"
"Ok we'll let you know. It will be good to get out of Minnesota for a few days, and I'm sure Andy would love to come visit you." Tristyn said as she looked at me to see me blushing.
"Ok it's a deal. I have to get ready to get to the airport. We're flying to Colorado tonight, but it was nice seeing you two and I'm looking forward to completing the challenge. Call me Sis, let me know." Drew said as he hugged us both.
We said our goodbyes and headed home. I couldn't wait to visit him in Buffalo. Hopefully we would be going soon. I wanted to see him again even though we just left him. After thinking about Tristyn telling Drew I liked him for a good half hour I finally fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment