Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chapter 3

Andrea's POV

It had been a few days since Drew left. Sitting on the couch I looked in my phone and saw his number which Tristyn had given me. I was debating whether or not I should text him. After a few minutes of picturing different scenarios I decided I would.

"Hey Drew, It's Andy. Tristyn gave me your number. I hope you don't mind."

"Hey Andy. No, I don't mind. I told her to give it to you. I forgot to when I was there. What's up? How have you been?"

"I'm good. Just sitting here watching TV. I have nothing better to do. How about you?"

"Oh I can't complain. Never a dull moment around here. So have you and Tristyn decided when you guys are going to come here?"

"Yeah we're thinking we want to come up there November 20th - December 3rd. That way you have a few games to try and convince me."

"Sweet I think I can convince you in 5 games and you guys will be spending Thanksgiving with me. I'm warning you though I'm not the best cook."

"I'm sure me and Tristyn can help out. I'm looking forward to coming there. I've never been to Buffalo."

"Sounds like a plan. I have to go to a meeting so I'll talk to you later."

I sat on the couch smiling. I was so excited about seeing him again. I called Tristyn and told her. We both couldn't wait. It was all we talked about. That would be the longest month ever.

~Next Month~

We both got our stuff together and headed to the airport. We went through security and finally boarded the plane. The plane ride went smooth and we finally arrived at the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport. After we got off the plane we found Drew waiting for us. Me and Tristyn ran up to him and hugged him.

"Hey Ladies. How was your flight?" He said as we walked over to baggage claim.

"It was good." Me and Tristyn both said at the same time.

"Well that's good. It's weird being here and not boarding. The only time I'm ever at an airport is when I'm on my way to the next game." He said as we all laughed.

We got our bags and headed out to his truck. He threw them all in the back and shut the hatch. Drew started the truck as me and Tristyn jumped because he left his stereo on full blast. He saw us jump and just laughed as we pulled out of the parking lot. It was only a 20 minute drive from the airport to his house. We got our bags out of his truck and took them into the house. We sat our bags in the living room as I looked around. Drew took us upstairs to our rooms where we got settled in.

"Make yourselves at home. What do you guys want for dinner?" He said as he put the rest of our bags on the floor.

"Something edible." I said, laughing.

"Ok smartass what Flavor? Do you guys want me to cook something on the grill?" He said as he poked me.

"Isn't it a little chilly outside to grill? It is almost December." Tristyn said giving him a confused look.

"Nope it's never to chilly oustide to use the grill."

"Oh ok then yeah that's fine." Tristyn said while unpacking her bags

"Well what should I grill? We got chicken, Steak, Hot dogs and Hamburgers."

"Let's do Barbeque Chicken." I said while Tristyn agreed.

"Ok chicken it is. I'll be downstairs if you girls need me." Drew said as he turned around and left the room.

Me and Tristyn finished unpacking our bags and got washed up for dinner. Drew had everything ready. We sat down and ate dinner. After we were done me and Tristyn decided we would clean up since Drew cooked.

We all went into the living room and sat on the couch to watch TV. I must have fallen asleep on the couch because I woke up to Drew shaking me. He helped me up to my room since I wasn't fully awake and wasn't steady on my feet. We said goodnight and I fell asleep.

The next morning I got up and went downstairs. Tristyn and Drew were sitting at the kitchen table. They both looked at me when I walked in. They were definitely up to something but I wasn't sure what it was and I didn't care at the moment.

"Good morning sleepy head. Hurry up and get ready. You and Tristyn are coming with me to the arena for practice." He said pouring me a cup of coffee.

I just looked at him still half asleep. I went back up to my room and started getting ready. When I walked downstairs they were both ready to go. I could never figure out how Tristyn was always so awake in the morning. It must run in the family though because it seemed Drew was the same way.

We got into the truck and headed to the arena. I was amazed at how packed the arena got for practices. Practice was pretty tense and Lindy was working them. They had lost the previous 3 games.

After practice we decided to just go back to Drew's house for lunch. After lunch me and Tristyn took Drew's truck and drove around a bit while he took his pre-game nap. We got home a few hours later and got ready for the game.

Around 5 we headed to the arena and hung out while all the guys were in their meetings. They were hoping they could break this losing streak tonight but they had no such luck as the Flyers shut them out. If this kept up it was going to be a long week. No matter what happened at the games I enjoyed just being around Drew and that's what mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment