Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chapter 5

Tristyn had left with Jay so I went to pick Drew up from the arena. When I got to the arena, I parked the truck then I walked inside to find him. I waited for him to finish talking with the guys before we left.

Drew was exhausted from his flight so when we got home from the arena we both passed out. I woke up at around 4:30pm and started getting ready to leave. I walked into Drew's room to wake him up. After shaking him to wake him up he finally got up and got ready. We left the house and headed to dinner. We finally arrived at the restaurant. We parked the truck went inside and found our seats.

"I don't want you and Tristyn to leave. I wish you two could stay longer." Drew said while playing with his napkin

"I know, we don't want to leave neither but we have to go home sometime. Maybe we can come back soon." I said as I took a sip of my drink

"Or maybe I can come to Minnesota for Christmas, I would have to leave late Christmas night but I could still come. I could fly out of Buffalo after my game on the 22nd and stay there til the 25th."

"Yeah you could do that. I would love to have you over for Christmas and I'm sure Tristyn would too. We love having you around." I said as I smiled at him

"Ok then it's settled I'll be up down there for Christmas. Do you think Tristyn is going to have Jayson over too?"

"I'm not sure, possibly. I'll have to talk to her about that. It wouldn't bother me if he was there. Would you care?"

"No I was just curious. He's a good guy and as long as she's happy I'm happy." He said with an unsure smile

"Yeah I like seeing her happy."

"Yeah, well you should have someone who makes you happy too."

I smiled at him as we paid for dinner and walked to the movie theater. Drew bought our tickets and popcorn then we found our seats. After our movie was over we decided to hit up Chippewa instead of going home. When we got to SoHo we ran into a few of Drew's teammates, Mair and Roy.

"Hey, What are you guys up to?" Mair said as he walked over to us

"Nothing really, just thought we would stop here for a few drinks. We just got back from our movie." Drew said as he put his arm around me

"Oh really? Why would you go out on a date with this guy when you could have spent the night with me?" Adam joked

"Adam leave the poor girl alone. She wouldn't want you anyway." Derek said as he brought us all drinks.

I couldn't help but laugh as the three of them just kept picking on each other. They had a few more drinks before we headed home. I made Mair and Roy ride with us since I didn't really drink. After I drove those two home, Me and Drew headed home. I pulled into the driveway and we both got out and walked up to the porch. Drew sat on the step so I sat next to him.

"I had alot of fun tonight Drew." I said to him as he smiled at me.

"Me too. I really like hanging out with you. This might be the first date but I really want to be with you, and I can only hope you feel the same." He said as he leaned over and kissed me.

"I do feel the same. I would love to be with you, but how would that work with how crazy your schedule is. We won't see each other that much."

"I'm sure we could make it work out." He said to me as he hugged me.

"I don't know. We can figure everything out in the morning. Let's go inside." I said as I helped him up off the step.

He went to bed and I went to talk to Tristyn about what just happened.

"How was the date? Did you have fun?" Tristyn asked as I walked into her room.

"Yeah it was really fun. Your brother wants to date me. I told him we would talk about it in the morning. I just don't know about the whole long distance thing."

"Aww you should date him. As for the long distance thing, I'm sure if me and Jay can do it you and Drew can."

"Yeah, I guess your right. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Oh and he's coming to Minnesota for Christmas."

"Yay! That's good to hear. I was wondering what was going on with that. Ok well go get some sleep Andy."

"Ok goodnight Tristyn." I said as I hugged her and went to my room and fell asleep.

~Next Day~

We all got up and headed to practice, when that was over we went to lunch. After lunch Tristyn and Jay left. This gave me and Drew time to discuss everything.

"Drew, Did you mean what you said last night about wanting to be with me and making the long distance thing work?"

"Andy, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it. I may have been drinking but I wasn't drunk. Yes I want to be with you, but do you want to be with me?"

"Yes I do." I said as I looked him in the eyes.

"Ok then it's settled."

He leaned over the table and kissed me. We headed home and cuddled up in his bed and took a pregame nap. He left for the arena around 4pm. I rode with Jay and Tristyn to the arena for the game. When we got home after the game Drew and I sat on the couch and flipped through channels.

"So Andy, since today was the last game of your trip, how do you feel about being a Sabres fan?"

"I'd have to say you've successfully converted me. I'm still a Stars fan though, now I just have 2 teams to support." I said to him as he laughed.

"Aww come on, Does my team get bonus points for me being on it?"

"Yeah they do. I even got my Stafford jersey at the game today." I told him as I got it out of the bag to show him.

"Right on. That's going to look good on you." He said as he hugged me and we fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment